The STARTUP LAUNCH Accelerator is a mentor-driven program for high-growth potential startups. Startup Launch is an eight-week cohort based program that equips aspiring entrepreneurs with the insights, relationships, and tools needed to turn ideas into action and turn a passion into a sustainable and thriving endeavor. The cost of the program is $1,599.00 + tax
Qualifying graduates have the potential to receive a grant of up to $3500 from the City of Toronto.
COUNTDOWN TO APPLICATION DEADLINE FOR JANUARY STARTUP LAUNCH COHORT
Groups of 10-16 entrepreneurs meet together for eight weeks, meeting two evenings a week for three hours, led by a facilitator.
STARTUP LAUNCH facilitators are experienced business owners from the community who guide participants through the program by asking the right questions, drawing on the knowledge in the room, and using available resources and connections in the community to point participants in the right direction.
Who’s It For?
If you’re an aspiring entrepreneur, or a seasoned entrepreneur looking to launch a new product or service, Startup Launch is for you. The only real prerequisites are (1) having an idea you’re ready, willing, and excited to share and pursue and (2) a willingness to study, shape and fine-tune that idea in a supportive, collaborative, and welcoming environment. If you’re creative and community-minded, and you’re serious about turning your passion into a sustainable business, we want you.
Pitching is an essential part of starting up whether to investors, potential clients, partners an entrepreneur is always pitching. Pitching is something we do every week at Startup Launch with the best pitches given the opportunity to pitch in front of venture capitalists, angel investors, media and 500 others at Startup Pitch Toronto’s premiere quarterly pitch competition
What To Expect
STARTUP LAUNCH is an action-driven, collaborative process with a small and supportive group of like-minded people. Led by a facilitator who is an experienced entrepreneur, you’ll identify your assumptions about why and how your businesses will work and then talk to customers in order to validate your ideas. This approach enables you to rapidly uncover flaws in your concept and find viable models more quickly. You’ll leave the program with a deeper understanding of how to create a sustainable business, articulate your model, and repeat the process with your next great idea.
The Startup Launch Difference
- We don’t take equity
- We don’t do eliminations
- Monthly Open Pitch & Quarterly 500 Person Pitch events
- Angel & VC Open House Events Quarterly
- Monthly socials meet mentors, friends and more
- Ongoing training and support
- Being part of Toronto’s most active Startup Community connects you to over 6400 entrepreneurs, you never have to go it alone
During STARTUP LAUNCH, you’ll develop and fine-tune your idea, critically examining every part of it and tweaking your next steps through real-time feedback from people in the community. Over the eight weeks, we’ll meet Monday & Thursday evenings and we’ll cover the following topics.
- Week 1: Knowing Yourself (Assumptions, Working Styles, Team Building, Obstacles)
- Week 2: Knowing Your Customer (Problem, Solution, Benefit, Competition, Advantage, Customer)
- Week 3: Getting the Relationship Right (Marketing & Message; Getting, Keeping & Growing Customers)
- Week 4: Building the Model to Scale (Starting Small, Distribution, Revenue, Typical Sale, Price)
- Week 5: Strengthening Your Structure (Business Structures, Licenses, IP, Hiring)
- Week 6: Discovering the Bottom Line (Startup & Ongoing Needs, Fixed & Variable Costs, Break-Event Point)
- Week 7: Accounting for Growth (Break-Even Point, Sales Projections, Cash Flow, Accounting)
- Week 8: Planning for the Future (Raising Capital, Growth Plans, Goal Setting, Pitch Prep)