Startup Faceoff 4
Presented by TorontoStarts
This lively and interactive session has our panelists discussing entrepreneur and startup topics of the day. They Face Off against each other on 4 topics and this group rarely agrees and things will get heated! Get different points of view from entrepreneurs working with and in their startups everyday.
- Justin Ford of Javelin Sports
- Trevor Shorte of SongBird Marketing Communications
- Deanna Burger of commUNITY
- Craig Major of TorontoStarts.com
Startup Faceoff 4 Discussion Points
- How do you build a good product with limited resources?
- How will the ‘office’ physical environment and structure change as a result of the pandemic? What are the positives and negatives of this change to urban centres and real estate?
- With lockdowns probably continuing how are you keeping your business and community active and engaged during the holiday / winter season and is it much different then it would have been pre covid?
- Should a business mandate their employees to get the COVID vaccine?
About the Startup Faceoff 4 Panelists
Justin is the CEO and co-founder of Javelin Sports. Javelin Sports helps sports organizations with organization, communication, and scheduling. Justin co-founded Javelin Sports while obtaining an undergraduate business degree from Ivey business school at Western University. Justin primarily focuses on product development and sales.
Trevor is the Managing Partner of SongBird Marketing Communications that helps businesses find their voice in the world of Social Media, PR, Branding, and Marketing. Over the course of his career, Trevor has worked with numerous brands and corporations in the telecommunications, IT, and retail industries creating product marketing/development strategies, programs and communications. He is an active member of the Ontario startup community, offering workshops, one-on-one consultations, and guidance for entrepreneurs in various industries such as Fashion, Cryptocurrency, Tech, Consumer, and e-Commerce.
Deanna is Co-Founder of commUNITY, offering Canadian-made, high quality, 100% cotton, reusable masks, holders, and organizers. With over 20 years of experience in corporate marketing, sales enablement, and sponsorship strategy, Deanna has a history of successfully leading teams at Fortune 100 companies. Her main focus has always been developing and executing marketing and sponsorship campaigns with the goal of elevating the customer experience to achieve business results.
Craig is The Startup Coach and the Founder of TorontoStarts the largest Startup Community in Canada. TorontoStarts helps entrepreneurs build, launch, and grow their businesses through educational events, workshops, webinars, pitch competitions and more. Check out more at TorontoStarts.com
Register for Startup and Entrepreneur Events here
Find Past Videos here Startup Launch Online Series
Join The Startup Book Club, Get the Books, Get access to The Book Club Discussion Group
Starting A Business in Ontario: A Resources Guide For Entrepreneurs, Startups, and Scaleups
What is your Startup Pricing Strategy
Startup Talk Podcast Subscribe: