Alexandra Kapelos-Peters, the founder of Cansulta joins the Startup Coach for this Startup Talk Podcast interview. Cansulta is a platform that makes it easy for individuals and businesses to find and book consultations with vetted experts in a variety of industries. During the interview, Alexandra shares the inspiration behind starting Cansulta, how it differs from other consulting platforms, and the process of finding and booking a consultation. She also talks about the challenges faced while building and scaling the business, future plans, and the team behind Cansulta. This is a must-watch for anyone looking to start their own consulting platform or for those looking for an easier way to access expert advice.
- Website: https://www.cansulta.com/
- Blog: https://www.cansulta.com/blog/
- LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/company/cansulta/
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/cansultacom
- Twitter: https://www.twitter.com/cansulta
- YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/@cansulta
- Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/cansulta
- Introduction of guest, Alexandra Kapelos-Peters, founder of Cansulta
- Explanation of what Cansulta is and how it differs from other consulting platforms on the market
- We’re AirBNB + Match + Upwork + Etsy combined for consulting—an online platform for businesses to access the expertise of vetted professionals, easily & affordably. We’re consulting for the modern era
- How we’re different:
- Everyone is vetted; we accept <20% of applicants
- Consultants set their own prices & can make custom offers
- No hidden fees, no overhead
- Flexible! Collaborate as-needed: by the hour, task, project, team.
- Our Benefits page (https://www.cansulta.com/benefits/) explains more about how we’re different
- Discussion on the inspiration behind starting Cansulta and the problem it solves
- Business leaders lack the time, knowledge, and resources to tackle every problem and opportunity.
- It’s difficult and expensive to find available, trustworthy and effective consultants to help
- Big businesses & enterprises have in-house teams or support from large consultancies, but startups and SMEs don’t have the same resources
- Every business deserves to benefit from the transformative impacts of great strategy, direction, advice, and consulting from reliable experts and those who have “been there, done that”
- Cansulta bridges that gap, provides access, makes it easy & affordable to get support
- Walkthrough of the process of finding and booking a consultation on Cansulta
- Our “How it Works” page explains the simple steps for clients and consultants to work together: https://www.cansulta.com/how-it-works/
- Information on how experts on the platform are vetted and qualified
- It’s an intense process, arguably as rigorous or more than securing a full-time position! Steps include: resume screening, recorded video interview, Case Study with live presentation, references from previous clients, legal/financial compliance.
- Sharing of success stories of clients who have used Cansulta to solve a problem or grow their business
- Explanation of the benefits for independent consultants who use the platform
- We handle the “front end” (sales & marketing) and the “back end” (billing & payment) so that consultants can focus on what they do best: helping clients!
- Discussion of challenges faced while building and scaling Cansulta
- Many see consulting as a luxury, premium, or nice-to-have service; but really, it’s a critical component that can impact the ultimate success or failure of any venture
- Mention of industries and areas of expertise currently represented on Cansulta
- We’re industry-agnostic and support all business areas
- Currently we have a very strong roster of experienced startup, marketing, strategy, operations, HR and leadership consultants and deep expertise in charity/nonprofit, law/legal, pharma & healthcare, banking/fintech/insurance, food & beverage, retail, manufacturing and transportation.
- Information on how Cansulta handles payment and billing for consultations
- Pay with credit card or direct transfer; it’s as easy as shopping online!
- Discussion of future plans and developments for Cansulta
- Just launched! Our new Associates program offers vetted junior professionals https://www.cansulta.com/associates/ to complement client internal teams and work alongside senior consultants
- Expanding our offering of Cansulta Solutions: products and services at consistent fixed prices that can be provided by multiple professionals
- Explanation of features built into the platform to enhance user experience
- Browse people by skill, language, or location; secure virtual meeting rooms; calendar syncing; file sharing; private messaging; community forums & chat; universal search; Google and LinkedIn connect
- Discussion of Cansulta’s plans for growth and expansion in the next 5 years
- Introduction of the team behind Cansulta and their roles
- Information on how Cansulta supports independent consultants in terms of marketing and visibility
- Details on how Cansulta handles customer support and satisfaction
- Mention of notable clients or companies that have used Cansulta
- Discussion on how Cansulta ensures data security and privacy for both clients and consultants
- Conclusion and advice for other entrepreneurs looking to start a similar platform or business
Know someone on pain? Try The Pain Removers Pain Relief Balm a product we love and use regularly!
Other Great Podcasts:
Join us monthly for Startup Investor Drinks
Register for Startup and Entrepreneur Events here