Investor Round Table with TorontoStarts
Investor Round Table from TorontoStarts an open panel discussion with Investors, The Startup Coach talks to investors to get their insights on the current state of startup funding in Canada.
Danielle Brewin Graham of Sandpiper Ventures
Stuart Browne of Pycap Venture Partners
Alex Morsink of Equivesto
We cover topics including:
- What Conversations should entrepreneurs and investors be having that they are not?
- With Canada being 7+ months into COVID, what is the current state of funding in Canada?
- How long, in general, does an average investment from a VC take from the initial investor pitch, through due diligence, to the startups receiving the money?
- What are fund cycles and why does it matter where a fund is in their cycle, to startups looking for investment?
- What do you feel about SAFEs as an investment vehicle in general?
- How do you work with the companies you are invested in?
- What comes first for a startup: community, traction, or funding?
- and questions from the audience on fund raising in Canada vs the US, best places in Canada to raise funding, and different types of traction
Register for Startup and Entrepreneur Events here
Find Past Videos here Startup Launch Online Series
Join The Startup Book Club, Get the Books, Get access to The Book Club Discussion Group
Starting A Business in Ontario: A Resources Guide For Entrepreneurs, Startups, and Scaleups